Technology is AMAZING. We use it nearly every single day…and it absolutely improves the quality of our lives and puts the world at our fingertips.
However…. it can also be highly addictive, distract our attention, and can cause us not to be fully “present” in the conversations we’re having, the tasks we’re working on, or the roads we’re driving on.
How many times have you been out to dinner and not been truly present because you’ve been glancing at your phone all night checking to see if you got a text message? Or how often have you been driving and checking your FB news feed and somehow “arrived” at your destination without remembering how you got there!
I’m challenging you to UNPLUG for 1 day this week! (Just ONE- I know you can do it!) Before you say “there’s no chance”… Being addicted to your devices can:
• Increase your feelings of loneliness, isolation, and depression
• Cause you to feel more anxious and inadequate
• Increase your levels of stress
• Exacerbate ADD
• Decrease your lack of creativity
• Lower your ability to concentrate and focus
• Cause a lack of quality sleep
Most importantly, live is about LIVING and being PRESENT in the moment! It’s about spending quality time with people you love and care about.
Are you up for the challenge?