😋 This recipe gives you the crunchy goodness of granola … but without all of the sugar and excess calories!
Try it over yogurt or a bowl of berries or even applesauce. Delicious!
👩🏾🍳 TIP: This is also amazing with pumpkin pie spice.
TOASTY CINNAMON OATS
(makes 4 servings)
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if possible)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar (to taste)
- Melt the coconut oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the oats, making sure they are well coated.
- After about 2 minutes, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, and continue to stir as the oats turn a toasty golden color, another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and toss in the coconut sugar, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Pour the oats onto a sheet pan or large plate so they can cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Sooooo good. Hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂